The purpose and mission of the New York State Pipe Trades Association:
This Association shall be known as the New York State Pipe Trades Association of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry.
- To organize those workers and employers in the plumbing, pipefitting, steamfitting and sprinkler fitting industry who do not share the benefits of union representation.
- To sponsor and support legislation which safeguards the safety and health of workers and the public, protects the rights of workers and promotes a fair, free, and just society.
- To foster an ongoing interaction and relationship among affiliated local plumber, steamfitter and sprinkler fitter unions within the state of New York.
- To hold regular meeting and an annual Convention of delegates representing each affiliated local union.
- To exchange information on the state and condition of the piping industry.
- To foster and promote programs on occupational safety and health, membership education and training and industry technological advances.
- To provide a setting for dialogue among affiliated local unions and other labor organizations.
- To encourage and promote stronger labor-management relations.
- To promote the advancement of the organized plumbing and pipefitting industry for the benefit of its members, employers and the public.